An annual tune-up is essential for the proper maintenance of your heating system. A well-tuned burner can burn 10% less fuel than a burner that doesn't receive its annual tune-up. That's a savings that every homeowner will appreciate! And, of course, you'll have the peace of mind that your system is working to the max!
A tune-up will benefit your heating system - and your budget - by:
- Saving you money by reducing the amount of fuel your system uses
- Conserving energy, which is good for our environment
- Helping to find problems before they become expensive, inconvenient repairs
During a typical tune-up, we will:
- Clean electrodes and nozzle assembly, and install a new filter
- Oil the burner, fan and circulator motors
- Clean combustion chamber and examine for cracks
- Test for flame adjustment and exhaust leaks using the latest testing equipment
- Run the unit for a short time to test for maximum efficiency
- Check that all safety and operating controls are properly working
- Check the flue pipe
- Replace any worn parts (additional charge)
An Oilheat tune-up covers four main safety and efficiency issues:
- Vent draft: Exhaust gas should be properly vented to the exterior of the house.
- Stack temperature: A stack temperature that is too high means heat is being vented instead of directed to the interior. A temperature that is too low means incomplete combustion and likely an interior buildup of soot.
- CO2 level: Proper levels of carbon dioxide leads to higher combustion efficiency.
- Smoke level: If the burner produces too much smoke, incomplete combustion is likely.
If you are enrolled in Frank Bros.' service plan, your annual tune-up is included. Contact us to enroll in the plan or to schedule a tune-up.